Sunday, October 3, 2010

No Regrets

I want to live me life with no regrets. I recently attended the McIff family reunion up in Utah in July. I saw the older cousins of my grandma who had not seen each other in years. Now I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but for me I would be ashamed of myself if I get to that point in my life and have to catch up with family members of what is going on in my family’s lives.

I want to live my life with no regrets. One of my friends from work informed me that she wasn’t going to be at work on Friday because she was going to be attending the funeral of her cousin’s father. He was young when he passed away. The reason why this had such an impact on me is that I don’t want to get to that point where if I loose a family member I regret not spending more time with them. That is why it is so important to me to sacrifice any feelings of hurt or despair to be able to spend time with family.

I look forward to spending time with my brothers and parents. I want to be able to share those memories together and enjoy life with my family. I am proud to be a part of this family and I want so badly to make memories with family members. If it requires more work of me so be it. I will assure that we create these moments of memories.

2 comments:

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

i know how you feel..ive been thinking about this a lot and even posted about it not too long ago..with a quote i reaally like:

"We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown.
Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted
from our relationships with those who mean the most to us."

-Elder David A. Bednar

Stevie said...

Hey! You updated your blog!! :D I'm going to link to your blog from my blog.

That's good thinking man. I'm trying to live a life without regrets right now too. It's probably why I'm trying to make a change in my place of living.