Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You are more than you have become...

Have you ever asked yourself if you are more than what you have become? If you have... so have I. To have the humbling realization that what you are right now is less than your true potential should not be discouraging but it should make your eyes open to the sense of needed improvement. The passing of a very good friend in August really made me open my eyes. I realized that I wasn't doing or being what I wanted to do or be.

On the Lion King, Rafiki says to the older Simba: "You are more than what you have become". And why was that? Rafiki noticed that Simba was given divine potential and was the heir to Pride Rock.

We are promised all that our Heavenly Father has if we keep the commandments and live our covenants. I never talked with a baboon, but I have prayed and talked to my Heavenly Father who let me know that I have potential and that I could do better. In 3 Nephi 13:8, he already knows what things we need before we ask him.

If you know that there is something holding you back from your full potential then change. If you recognize that you are not as happy as you thought you were, then step up and be proactive in making corrections in your own life to improve.

I also have been thinking a lot about how I make goals all the time for today, tomorrow, this week, this month, this year, the next 5 years and so on. One question that could be relieving or could be an eye opener is: Am I where I wanted to be 5 years ago? Am I doing those things that I planned on doing? Am I realizing my full potential?

Please don't take this as me dropping the cane, take this as a realization that if you feel inside something is not right, take care of it. You never know when your time is, so you have to be prepared.

Tell me what you think?

3 comments:

Malena said...

Wow...that's kind of exactly what I needed to hear right now. It's nice, when times are tough, to remember that things are going to get better, but even better yet is knowing that you have the power to make it that way. Thanks for posting this, Josh.

And, welcome to the blogging world!

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

Hey Josh! i like the blog! i think most of life's lessons can be learned from The Lion King :)

busters84 said...

I still have no clue how to do blogs, help please?